2014-07-07

♡Recent shows/music♡

I've been finding some great stuff lately so I thought I would share it all with you guys.~
Maybe you all will find something new you will like through this post.


imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
 

Yowamushi Pedal (watch)
Sakamichi Onoda is an otaku, an anime obsessive, who has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school Onoda did not have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things and is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it has been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.
Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari ("City Bike" AKA "Mommy Bike" in the anime) – a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun, to pick up groceries or to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. His fellow freshman, Shunsuke Imaizumi, a cyclist, while training, notices Onoda riding his mamachari up a steep road.
Shōkichi Naruko, visit Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and he meets Onoda, who caught his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later finds out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?
---
I didn't expect to get wrapped up in an anime literally about riding bikes but I did,haha. It's pretty over the top,and some of the characters are really strange,but that's what keeps it interesting. It's really funny because people joke that all the characters look like they could be in a different series and it's really true,the art is so different from character to character it's really interesting. I literally watched this just because I kept seeing it on my dash and I was bored,but I kept watching it and now I'm waiting for season 2.



Haikyuu!! (watch/read)
Junior high school student Shōyō Hinata gains a sudden love of volleyball after seeing a national championship match on TV. Although short in height, he becomes determined to follow in the footsteps of the championship's star player, nicknamed the "Small Giant", after seeing his plays. He creates a volleyball club and begins practicing by himself. Eventually five other members join the team by his last year of middle school, but they are defeated in their first tournament after being challenged by the championship favorite team, which includes the so-called "King of the Court" Tobio Kageyama, in the first round. Though Hinata's team suffers a miserable defeat, he vows to eventually surpass Kageyama and defeat him.
---
Another sports anime,wooo! I also watched this because I had seen a lot of people posting about it so I became interested so I finally checked it out and loved it. Haikyuu!! is really cute and funny and all the characters are pretty lovable (I really love so many of them it's ridiculous). For me it's a pretty feel good anime,I watch it and smile and laugh a lot. I recommend it for sure,so don't be put-off by it revolving around volleyball. After watching some of the anime I started to read the manga and I really liked it as well. The manga is further along than the anime and so far comparing the two they seem pretty similar to each other which is great!



Tokyo Ghoul (watch/read)
The story follows Ken Kaneki, a young man who receives organ donations from a "Ghoul" after he is nearly killed. Ghouls are creatures that look human but need to eat human flesh to survive. Kaneki soon realizes he is now half-human and half-ghoul. 
---
So first I have to talk about the manga with this one,cause that's what was first for me. The manga is fantastic,it's one that makes me always wonder, 'what happens next?'. I do have to warn,this manga and anime are both horror based and both have blood and gore in it. I personally like horror based stuff so I was hooked from the moment I started to read it. There are a lot of cool characters and a lot of action so it keeps you really into it. Now the anime has just started airing,and ironically watching the anime previews is what first got me interested in the series so I read the manga,so all I can write on is the first episode. The animation is really nice and clean,and I really like the colors used a lot,so it's very visually appealing to me. Unlike Haikyuu!! though,it doesn't seem to follow the manga as closely as I wish it did. They also added some character appearances a bit early which I didn't expect. I really am looking forward to watching more of the anime as it comes out though and I really can't wait for more of the manga to get translated (lol I was bad and looked up all the raw scans).

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

1 comment:

  1. Ooo the Ghoul show sounds really good, I might check it out!
    Thank you for sharing :D

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete